Monday, December 19, 2011

Raspberry Black Bean Dip and a few others.

In my last post, I told you about all the activities and cooking I've been doing lately.  I wanted to give you readers some more delicious recipes to try and to again remind you to BEWARE, some of these recipes are meant to be consumed in moderation.

Raspberry Black Bean Dip

A little background on this recipe.  In college, I worked at a restaurant called So Long Saloon.



This recipe is a crowd favorite.  My friends and fellow wait staff would consume this so frequently I'm sure we created a bean and raspberry shortage.  Enjoy!




1 can black beans- rinsed well
4 oz low-fat cream cheese
4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 c diced sweet onion
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 jar Broncos Chipotle Raspberry Sauce
Tortilla chips

1.  Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat.  Add onion, and saute until translucent.  Remove from heat.

2.  In a microwave-safe bowl combine cheeses, beans, onion and microwave 2-3 minutes.  Stir.  Add 1/2 amount of Raspberry Sauce and microwave 1 minute longer.

3.  Remove from microwave and add the rest of the raspberry sauce**.  Serve with tortilla chips.

** I like a lot of Raspberry sauce, so this dish is nice and sweet.

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls




 Peanut Clusters




6oz semi sweet chocolate chips
6oz white almond bark
approx. 42 oz roasted peanuts

1. Microwave the chocolate chips and almond bark together until soft and stir till smooth.

2. Stir in peanuts until covered.

3. Spoon a cluster onto wax paper and allow to cool.



The Peanut Butter Balls and the Peanut Clusters make easy and great Christmas gifts for neighbors and co-workers.  To make them extra special, put these goodies inside a cute little gift bag like this one...


Enjoy these budget friendly ideas for the Holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog while trying to find the recipe for my favorite salad from So Long from when I was in college (graduated in 2003). I can't remember its name now or even what all was in it, just that I LOVED it. I was thinking it was an Asian sort of chicken salad. Have any ideas? It doesn't look like it's on the current menu. Btw...Thanks for this recipe! It was another of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment