Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black Bean Salsa- My specialty!

If you have ever been to my house for a NFL watch party or we've been to a BBQ together, you have probably tasted my black bean salsa.  It is one of my favorite recipes to make because everything in it is good for you and is really, really tasty!  The best part:  produce in Mexico is super cheap, and I can load up on all my fruits and veggies without breaking the budget.



It's really hard for me to imagine people who don't eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.  The hubs and I definitely do.  I truly believe eating a diet full of fruits and vegetables is the way to a disease-free life.  I hardly get sick now, and I credit it to a diet full of anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals.  This recipe will easily provide you with a good start to 5- a day!  Now, on to the recipe.

Black Bean Salsa

16 oz of black beans- canned or homemade
1 tomato
1 jalapeño
1 avocado
1/2 red onion
1 cup frozen corn
salt
pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
Valentine's red salsa or chili powder*

* The secret ingredient that made this batch of salsa my very best EV-ER!




Chop all vegetables and mix all ingredients together.  Let set for an hour and serve with tortilla chips.  YUM!








So delicious!


What's your favorite dish to bring to a BBQ or party?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment