Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I have a secret!

I have a confession to make.  I've been keeping a very exciting secret from my readers.  My ornery teenage brother, Patrick, is coming to stay with me for a month!  I think he is causing my Dad to have mini heart attacks and strokes with his sharp tongue and sassy wit teenage attitude.

 I know what you are thinking.  "Why do I want him to come?"  Patrick was born when I was in 7th grade.  I spent a lot of time with him, watching him grow up, coming home to visit him from college, and these last few years, witnessing him becoming a teenager.


Hanging out at a K-state football game, 2006



2nd Place Regional Championship, 2009



Flying with Dad, 2009



Denver, Colorado vacation with the hubs and me, 2009. 



Bringing in the New Year with his two big sisters, 2010




The hubs and Patrick at Chiefs vs Steelers game, 2011.


Time has flown by.  I feel like I have a special relationship with Patrick, and even though he can act like a pill, he's always mostly respectful to me and the hubs.

I've already set up Spanish classes, created football themed workouts, and planned on helping P learn to dive.  We even talked about snorkeling with the whale sharks that come to PdC for the summer months!  I can't wait to share my life with him and give him new experiences that small-town Kansas just can't provide.

This time will also give the hubs and I practice for the most trying years of a parent's life... teenage years.  If Jade and I can pass this without too many bumps, I'm optimistic we can handle one of our own!  I may be eating my words by July 4th, but I will be too stubborn to admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment