Sunday, July 8, 2012

Taking the advice of a 13 year old

My brother recently suggested to me that I should use a photo of Jade and myself in a wheat field as my blog background.  I have to agree this photo looks more Kansan.  What do you think?

I love these photos my Dad took of us.  Jade and I used them as "engagement photos," although we didn't exactly have an engagement.  What this photos doesn't show are the massive mosquitoes biting and sucking our blood in between our gritted teeth smiles.  Random fact:  Did you know that only the female mosquitoes bite?  Males don't.  Mosquitoes are also attracted to human sweat, so the faster I run, the more I'm attracting these blood suckers!

Just call me the new Bill Nye!




Patrick and I are off to Chichen Itza tomorrow morning.  Although I'm praying for a cooler day and some rain, I'm dreading the mosquitoes that I know will want to have me for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment